Looking for an outstanding Sr. Software QA Developer to deliver high quality applications to satisfy our “everything as a service” (XaaS) initiative. You will be responsible for developing test plans, functional tests, and coordinating testing with the development team and business.
You will be working from start to finish on projects, and it will be essential to understand all aspects of each system, from both a business and technical point of view.
If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing develop and improving quality in existing and new applications, we would like to meet you. The Sr Software QA Developer will also work with other engineers to ensure system consistency and improve user experience.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the following:
• Leading efforts to increase test automation and coverage
• Develop test cases for existing applications and business processes.
• Hands-on new development and enhancements to existing applications and processes.
• Participate in all phases of the development life cycle
• Work on the maintenance and improvement of existing test data
• Provide recommendations on testing platforms and frameworks
• Incorporate standards-based test development processes for website and web/mobile application
• Subject matter expert, providing: guidelines, best practices and training to other individuals
• Formulate concepts and ideas for additional products, tools and services
You will be responsible staying up to date with new technology and understanding how to incorporate new trends.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or similar technical discipline
• 5+ years of experience in a software test development role
• Experience unit, functional, and performance testing
• Experience with automated testing frameworks
• Experience creating, maintaining, and executing test plans
• Hands-on experience using cloud platforms eg. Azure, AWS highly preferred
• Experience working in an agile development environment
• Strong Java & SQL Skills
• Testing experience with JUnit, Selenium, or other frameworks
• Experience with development Jira, BitBucket, and unit testing methodologies
• Experience testing web applications and REST APIS
• Experience analyzing and improving test coverage
• Working knowledge of PHP
• Familiar with the OpenAPI specification
• Experience with automation tools like Ansible, Chef, Puppet
• Experience with Docker and how to use it in the context of Node.js and micro-services
• High degree of creativity in finding new ways to execute and improve effectiveness
• Spirit of entrepreneurship requiring high-energy, productivity, and teaming/collaboration
• Keen understanding of country/region complexities for global implementations
• Willingness and Desire to learn new technologies
• Strong communication and problem-solving skills in an autonomous capacity