The SAP Process Architect serves as a functional expert recommending and providing solutions to drive process and system optimization efforts in an SAP Order-to-Cash arena. He/She will utilize their SAP product knowledge and expertise in architecting SAP solutions (processes, integration, data migration, and custom development) to refine and enhance solution designs based on industry standards and global best practices. He/She will be assigned to plan and lead major system implementation projects, system enhancements and/or upgrades.
The SAP Process Architect will take the lead to partition requirements into layers(stacks) to facilitate efficient engagement on complex systems across multiple domains and regions.
He/She will investigate and select emerging technologies as needed and develop the technology roadmap for the domain architecture. He/She will organize workshops and proofs-of-concept in SAP to illustrate designs and create adoption of your ideas through business process owners and other subject matter experts. In addition, he/she will be responsible for the creation of progress status reports and accurately track/manage design issues and risks.
- Architect solutions within the SAP Order to Cash arena and related projects.
- Design and apply enterprise system and application solutions to meet business objectives.
- Support executive management and project teams in technology decisions and implementation of technology strategy.
- Provide consulting on SAP solutions, including how to leverage standard SAP technologies/functionality and how to enable requirements while minimizing on-going maintenance costs.
- Translate business requirements into specific system, application or process designs covering both functional and non-functional aspects.
- Participate in multiple design activities, from requirements analysis to systems, application and/or process design specification.
- Bench mark current and future processes against best industry practices.
- Deploy an appropriate methodology for the identification and documentation of business and system requirements.
- Demonstrated excellence in designing and implementing SAP Sales and Distribution system.
- Previous SAP Full Life Cycle Implementation experience in a global organization.
- Previous involvement in the deployment or optimization of an ERP (SAP) system.
- Experience working in projects where multiple functions work in a matrix organization.
- Experience in Earned Value Management approach to SAP solution rationalization.
- In depth knowledge of several SAP business functions and related software applications.
- Ability to read, understand and debug ABAP code.
- Experience with implementing SD EDI transactions 830, 850, 860, 856 and 810.
- In depth knowledge of Program Management Office functions and practices.
- Experience with process improvement techniques and tools. Lean or Six Sigma preferred.
- Ability to work comfortably at all levels within the organization up to the senior management level.
- Ability to analyze problems, process complex data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to perform with accuracy and attention to details.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written, including presentation skills.
- Strong and effective project management, customer service, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently and efficiently, managing timelines and expectations, and producing high-quality deliverables (documentation, presentations, proof-of-concepts, etc.).
- Proven experience in leading multiple projects simultaneously, preferably in a matrix management environment.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business or Engineering.
- Previous position in Manufacturing (Discrete and Process industries).
- Experience with SAP Business One (SBO).
- PMP certification.