Location: Roanoke, VA
- Create current state (As Is) and future state (To Be) business or system processes, written and via process flow diagram, that are clear, orderly and easy to read and understand
- Write requirements that are complete, concise, accurate and traceable (for waterfall) and write user stories that are concise, accurate, traceable (for agile).
- Schedule and run requirements and story building sessions with the stakeholders both in person and via Webex.
- Verbally present requirements, user stories and processes to the stakeholders in a meeting format.
- Write user stories with the clear intention of producing a minimum viable product within the sprint. (for agile)
- Produces the expected deliverables according to the target dates agreed to with the project manager and alerts the project manager to any impediments that may affect target deliverable dates.
- Ensure clarity between the business and IT, ensuring that IT understands what needs to be built and the business agrees on the solution being provided.
- Raise issues or limitations to both the product owner, project team, and project manager in an expedient and clear manner, remaining transparent at all times.
- Answer developer and QA questions in an expedient and positive manner.
- Partner with the enterprise architect or lead developers to lend their knowledge to design solutions as needed.
- Facilitate user acceptance testing with the product owner/stakeholders to ensure that what was developed meets its purpose.
- Anticipate and expect change to occur, and facilitates re-prioritization of the expected deliverables when change introduces chaos.
- The BA assists development or system transfer to support as needed by ensuring that the support team understands the system, the business knows to contact support for issues, and that support has access to documentation that will assist in support. Give support and subject matter expertise across the business and IT as needed.
- Need experience with legacy systems and applications, preferably on AS/400 platform