- Project Length: 3 to 6 Months (possible extension)
- Project Location: Durham, NC
- Lead select change management initiatives from an internal control compliance perspective (including system implementations), ensuring that sound financial controls are built into process changes and key business initiatives (including control implementations at recently acquired businesses)
- Support the internal control compliance efforts for system implementations ensuring:
- Effective Information Technology (IT) system implementation controls
- Effective ongoing IT general controls
- Effective ongoing business process controls associated with the sub-process impacted by the system implementation
- Identify and implement effort reduction projects as part of Agile initiatives
- Help to manage the worldwide Financial Reporting Controls process with a focus on IT, supporting the cross functional process and sub-process owners (domestic and international) through process changes, completion of quarterly self-assessments and successful year-end external audits
- Provide global support and leadership on internal controls
Years and Type of Experience:5 years of professional finance and business process experience.
3+ years Big 4 accounting experience preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to lead cross-functional change initiative and form solid business relationships across functions.
- Demonstrated success with developing and/or managing transactional and business processes that result in GAAP compliance as well as process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Ability to assess processes and systems to identify key control activities, determine whether they are functioning properly, and identify and implement improvements to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Lead and develop the FRC team to understand the business and drive process improvements and efficiency, especially as it related to tools and technology
- Strong project management
- Strong verbal and written communication
- SAP knowledge preferred
- Certified Public Accountant
- Education Level/Degree: Undergraduate business or analytical/B.S. degree